A regularly updated post with all the submission/application opportunities that I’ve found in my travels around social media and have been sent to me.
When an opportunity has passed I will remove it from the list to not clog it up with old news.
I know that it isn’t that big right now but we have to start somewhere!
This post is going to be free for a while but will eventually only be available to paid subscribers.
Time limited opportunities.
- Bad Lillies open submission window, looking for unpublished poems, ends 28/02/22
- Bath Short Story Award, up to 2200 words on any subject or theme, closes 11/04/22
- Butcher’s Dog Magazine, open for any theme poetry, closes 31/01/22
- époque press, an e-zine on the theme of ‘Withdrawal’, closes 31/03/22
- Scottish Book Trust, 50 Word Fiction competition, write a story about a starry night, closes 25/01/22
- Truffle Magazine, submissions open for Issue 5, not sure of closing day yet
- The Ursula K. Le Guin Prize for Fiction, nominations open 01/02/22
- Writing Competition, Fiction and Poetry competitions with a large prize fund, closes 28/01/22
- Young Scot’s Writer of the Year, all genres all media, under 1000 words or five minutes, closes 24/06/22
Always open for submissions.
- The Birdseed [are open for short and flash fiction for a digital magazine]
- Fictive Dreams [are open for short story submissions between 500 and 2,500 words]
- Little Island, [open for submissions of quality fiction, with a leaning toward Irish authors]
- Lunate [accepts submissions of poetry and short stories without a genre limitation]
- Paragraph Planet [Your submission can be a short story, an extract from a novel or the capturing of a moment. The main rule is that it needs to be EXACTLY 75 words long including the title.]
- Phlogiston Press [short form speculative fiction, old style, slipstream, horror, fantasy, science fiction, literary, poetry, flash with a maximum length of 7,000 words]
- Product magazine [We publish short stories, nonfiction, poetry + photography. Everyone welcome, especially new/early career writers + artists.]
- Soor Ploom Press [open for previously unpublished short poetry and stories]
- wildness [accepts submissions of poetry, fiction, and non-fiction and considers work in most styles, forms, or genres.]
If you are a publisher or have other writing opportunities that you would like me to add to this list please email me firstname.lastname@example.org