A monthly feature where I do a round up of the books I’m most excited to read (or have already read and think you should be excited for). Fiction, non-fiction, and children’s books are all included.
- Starve Acre (9781529387261) by Andrew Michael Hurley
Sounds like a great haunting tale set in the Yorkshire moors.
- The Diver’s Game (9781783785872) by Jesse Ball
Another dystopian future of class segregation, enjoyed ‘Census’ so looking forward to this.
- Stillicide (9781783785612) by Cynan Jones
An eco-dystopia this time, capitalist control of basic essentials
- The End of the Ocean (9781471175510) by Maja Lunde
‘The History of Bees’ is one of my favourite novels and this sounds as intriguing
- Imaginary Friend (9781409184805) by Stephen Chbosky
A thriller/horror with tones of Stephen King with the writing skills of Chbosky? Yes please!
- Hex Life: Wicked New Tales of Witchery (9781789090345) edited by Rachel Autumn Deering and Christopher Golden
A collection of witchy short stories form leading female authors
- Jet Stream (9780198828518) by Tim Woollings
Another beautiful cover from OUP makes this book on an interesting subject more desirable.
- Face It (9780008229429) by Debbie Harry
So looking forward to this, one of the best bands ever
- Ghostland: In Search of a Haunted Country (9780008271954) by Edward Parnell
This interweaving of exploration of place and self sounds intriguing
- Paula Rego (9780500021378) by Deryn Rees-Jones
I’ll definitely be visiting the retrospective in 2021 and this will have to do until then
- A Short History of London: The Creation of the World’s Greatest City (9780241369982)
I’ve several books on London’s history already another won’t hurt
- The Secret Life of the Cairngorms (9781912240807) by Andy Howard
A photographic exploration of the wildlife in the region
- Frost Fair (9781509848171) by Carol Ann Duffy
Looking forward to this final collection of Christmas poetry
- Ring the Hill (9781783528356) by Tom Cox
I’m loving watching his mum’s Lino prints being show on Tom’s twitter timeline, so looking forward to this book.
- Santa’s New Beard (9780571336548) by Caroline Crowe
His beard has gone! What other disasters can befall Santa?
- Myths and Legends of the World (9781788683074) by LP Kids
A beautifully illustrated collection of myths from around the world.
- There’s Room for Everyone (9781910328392) by Anahita Teymorian
Timely picture book
- Amelia Fang and the Lost Yeti Treasure (9781405293921) by Laura Ellen Anderson
I absolutely love this fun series, buy two every time, one for me and one for my niece
- FloodWorld (9781788004343) by Tom Huddleston
Sounds like a wonderful sci-fi adventure
- World of the Unknown: Ghosts (978144976688) by various
I’m sure I had this a long, long time ago
- Shadows of Winterspell (9781529018967) by Amy Wilson
Always love a good wintery-magic adventure