Skip to Content
That aspiring writers make
- Wondering how to find an agent or publisher before completing the project.
- Waiting for inspiration to hit.
- Trying to write something “different”.
- Using weak nouns and verbs,and passive voice.
- Deciding not to read in your genre because you don’t want to inadvertently plagiarise.
- Not outlining.
- Not setting out specific times to write.
- Not knowing what you want to communicate.
- Never reading a book or taking a class on the craft of fiction (or screenplay) writing.
- Having an idea for an interesting situation but not an interesting character.