This is another way to push myself to read a wider range of books than previously, the books in this list are all books I had started but not finished at one point or another. This will include ancient texts all the way up to 21st century novels that are classed as literary classics.
I didn’t start this until late in the year (2018) so I might not complete this with all the other reading I have but it is good to set targets 😉 and that’s one of the reason I’ve only put 10 to start with.
I will add to this as I go along and have it as my reading checklist for classic which may or may not get a full review.
There are a few on this list that I should have read for my Higher but never finished possibly why I only got a C.
Age does help in attitudes toward books though and I’m really looking forward to reading these now.
- The Outsider by Albert Camus
- The Book of Imaginary Beings by Jorge Luis Borges
- Reunion by Fred Uhlman
- Paradise Lost by John Milton
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- The Odyssey by Homer
- Candide by Voltaire
- The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne
- The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
- Ethics by Aristotle