Super Saturation September
On Thursday September 3rd 2020 it is expected that there will be approximately 600 new releases into the book market, some held over due to the lockdown and some that were expected to come out at this time, and this is not going to be much less on each successive Thursday.
All of these books will be vying for the marketing pound and limited shelf space in various bookshops. We have all seen the books being released from the Big Five but have we seen the books/zines/pamphlets being released by the indie publishers? Probably not.
Here are a selection of releases throughout the month of September from independent publishers. (list of preorder links at the bottom of the page)
- 54 Questions for the Man Who Sold the Shotgun to My Father by Joe Carrick-Varty, published by Out Spoken Press
- The House of Clouds by Lisa Thompson, published by Barrington Stoke
- The Peculiar Thing with the Pea by Kay Umansky illustrated by Claire Powell, published by Barrington Stoke
- The Invasion of Crooked Oak by Dan Smith illustrated by Chris King, published by Barrington Stoke
- Noodle the Doodle by Jonathan Meres illustrated by Katy Halford, published by Barrington Stoke
- The Naculians by Craig Jordan-Baker, published by époque press
- Stolen Lives by Louise Hulland, published by Sandstone Press
- Last by Nicola Davies, Tiny Owl Publishing
- Little Bear and the Silver Star by Jane Hissey, published by Salariya Book Co.
- You Wouldn’t Want to Sail on the Mary Rose by Fiona Macdonald illustrated by David Antrim published by Salariya Book Co.
- Grandma’s Lost Her Corgis by Joy H. Davidson illustrated by Jenny Cooper published by Salariya Book Co.
- How Do Bridges Work? by Roman Belyaev, published by b small publishing
- Endangered Animals: and How You Can Help by Sam Hutchinson and Sarah Dennis, published by b small publishing
- The Madness by Narcis Oller, published by Fum d’Estampa Press
- Kicking Off by Eve Ainsworth