A monthly feature where I do a round up of the books I’m most excited to read (or have already read and think you should be excited for). Fiction, non-fiction, and children’s books are all included.
- My Name is Monster (9781786896353) by Katie Hale
A novel about isolation, power and relationships
- The Night Circus and Other Stories (9781912681044) by Ursula Kovalyk
Fable and fairytales in a collection of short stories
- Melting Point (9781784631970) by Baret Magorian
Another interesting sounding collection of short stories
- Big Giant Floating Head (9781612197579) by Christopher Boucher
A great sounding collection of surrealist tales.
- Call Him Mine (9781474610445) by Tim MacGabhann
An exciting murder mystery, thriller set in Mexico City.
- In the Shadow of Wolves (9781786074683) by Alvydas Šlepikas translated by Romas Kinka
Based on historical fact of “wolf children” near the end of the Second World War.
- Green Valley (9781789090239) by Louis Greenberg
Children are being abducted while the adults lounge in full-time virtual reality.
- The Library of Lost and Found (9780008237646) by Phaedra Patrick
I love stories of mysterious books and libraries.
- The Witch Who Courted Death (9780349421285) by Maria Lewis
A fresh Urban Fantasy for me to explore
- Fight Like a Girl (9781786076038) by Clementine Ford
Modern manifesto for all feminists.
- Fully Automated Luxury Communism (9781786632623) by Aaron Bastani
Want to read it for the title alone.
- I Never Knew That About Coastal England (9781785039539) by Christopher Winn
Intersects with another of my projects so I will definitely picking this up.
- Ink: Do More Art (9781786274267) by Bridget Davies
An art technique book… I’m sure I can make room on my shelves for one more.
- The Lebanese Cookbook (9780714879093) by Salma Hage
Always on the look out for ‘new’ middle eastern cookbooks.
- The Way to the Sea (9781783784134) by Caroline Crampton
A look at the Thames through time and geography, sounds fascinating.
- Cindy Sherman (9781855147126) by Paul Moorhouse
Cindy Sherman’s work is always intriguing, this is another voice looking at it
- The Scottish Clearances (9780141985930) by T M Devine
Wonder if it will give a fresh insight?
- Superstition and Science (9781472142580) by Derek Wilson
One of the most fascinating periods in history, another exploration of the development from religion to science for my collection
- The Good Thieves (9781408854891) by Katherine Rundell
I first discovered Katherine through Wolf Wilder and have (and will) read everything she’s written.
- Perfectly Preventable Deaths (9781471408236) by Deirdre Sullivan
Witchcraft, sisters and sacrifice. Sounds like a book I will love.
- The Hideout (9781419734168) by Susanna Mattiangelli illustrated by Felicita Sala
Illustrated book exploring the power of imagination.
- The Big Stink (9781843654131) by Lucy Freegard
All about Charlie the cunning cheese-thief, who is a mouse.
- I Really Want To Win (9781787414112) by Simon Philip illustrated by Lucia Gaggiotti
I loved the energy in I Really Want the Cake, this looks as though it will be as fun.
- Sam Wu is Not Afraid of Spiders (9781405294287) by Katie Tsang, Kevin Tsang
This series is brilliant and I wouldn’t want to miss one, not scared though.
- Ocean Meets Sky (9781786035622) by Eric & Terry Fan
Absolutely loved The Night Gardener and this looks so beautiful