That aspiring writers make
- Wondering how to find an agent or publisher before completing the project.
- Waiting for inspiration to hit.
- Trying to write something “different”.
- Using weak nouns and verbs,and passive voice.
- Deciding not to read in your genre because you don’t want to inadvertently plagiarise.
- Not outlining.
- Not setting out specific times to write.
- Not knowing what you want to communicate.
- Never reading a book or taking a class on the craft of fiction (or screenplay) writing.
- Having an idea for an interesting situation but not an interesting character.
If you want to help and support this blog and my other projects (Indie Publishers and Big Bearded Bookseller) you could become a Patreon which would help pay for my hosting, domain names, streaming services, and the occasional bag of popcorn to eat while watching films.
You can always email me on firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions.